Friday, November 27, 2009

THANKSGIVING!!


This year we decided to HOST Thanksgiving! Yup, host!! We figured since the move to Arizona and the giant leap of buying a house it would be fun to have Thanksgiving dinner in our new state of Arizona. Then I got a job... I was the new person on board at my job, and figured that I probably would have to work on the holidays, so I told Christina that this year, Thanksgiving would be at our house!! I ended up not working, but it was fun to host our very FIRST Thanksgiving!!

Dad smoked the turkey, Eric learned how easy it is to make deviled eggs, Christina turned into a lifesaver in the kitchen, throwing herself into all sorts of things, my aunt Bini brought a delicious pecan pie, and her man, John, brought some prized winning tamales!! Alisha brought over a blueberry pie, that I was sad I missed, Noel and Nate went for a drink run and picked up a scratch lotto card for everyone, that was SUPER fun!! Andy and Tommy figured out all the place settings and decided that it was AMAZING weather outside, so we moved the tables out on the patio. Everyone helped and I think it turned out FANTASTIC!! Thanks everyone for pitching in and all your hard work!! Here's a picture of our spread!


Then came dessert!! Pumpkin pie, Brown sugar cake, Pecan pie, Razzleberry pie and Blueberry pie. We had it made!! Yummy, Yummy.


I just want to end with a little note to let everyone know how grateful we are for every one of you!! Andy and I have been sincerely blessed by everyone in our lives, especially our amazing Father in Heaven, who loves us and blesses us daily! We would not have anything if it weren't for His hand in our lives! We are truly grateful!

Thank you!!

2 comments:

  1. No thank you! We love you and we are so glad you are our friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything was so yummy, thanks for all the hard work Ashley!!!

    ReplyDelete