It started off great, other than we had a little problem getting to the trail head, but the sun had not come over the mountain yet, so it was nice and cool. Andy stepped on some rocks and found out quickly that they were not stable as he took a little tumble. His poor leg!! He wouldn't let me wash it and waste our precious water, so I rubbed hand sanitizer on it instead. On with the hike!Along the way it the sun came up and it started to get hot! We also had a little glitch as we lost the trail and ended up wandering on some cow trails. Then, to make things better, we were attacked by flies!! Around mile 6ish Andy and Noel almost stepped on a desert tortoise. I didn't know that Arizona had any tortoises in the wild, it was really cool to see. It turned out really fun, and I am so glad we went!
I forgot my sunscreen, so at the end, I was definitely crispy, and at every spot of shade, I cannot tell you how much I just wanted to sit down and never move again. But we ended up all making it through. We ended up heading back to Christina's to shower and going out for a celebratory lunch at the Olive Garden!! Thanks guys for an exciting weekend!!
THANKS CHRISTINA AND NOEL FOR EVERYTHING!!
Better you than me! :) I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of hiking! But it looked beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYou should post pictures of your laundry room counter.. it looked really good!
That is an awesome turtle! And you looked very happy to be hiking :)
ReplyDelete